Author Topic: 10 Surprising Facts  (Read 17986 times)

Offline Hidden

• Administrator
  • Slowly, slowly ... with the velocity of love.
10 Surprising Facts
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:23:51 AM »
10 Surprising Things You Never Knew About Infidelity

Actually some of these aren't all that 'surprising' to me ...  ;)  And others seem like 'junk science' to me. 

What say you?   

(URL in the event the above link doesn't work correctly/becomes outdated:
 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/19/surprising-infidelity-facts_n_6708236.html )
Me = Rappy (single OW)
MM = Dole   (RIP/August 2019)
W = Sheriff

Supporting cast:
Long distance BFF & her DH = Emily & Bob Hartley
Emily's sister = Ellen Borden

RIP: BFFs Sarcastic Bitch (Fall 2012) and Bea (Fall 2016)

"If love was a choice, who would ever choose such exquisite pain?" -- Tuptim in Anna and the King (Margaret Landon, author)

Forum Rules | What is TMI?

Offline Hidden

• Charter Member
  • Let life be imperfect.
Re: 10 Surprising Facts
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:34:13 PM »
I don't agree with most of them ... but #8 is funny because it's TRUE!  lmao  :o
You are at once both the quiet & the confusion of my heart.

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" ~ Maya Angelou

MM - TOM
H - yeTi
W - 3T

Offline Hidden

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »
Amusing!  Thinking back on it ... it often fell on a Wednesday that my MM would pay me a visit ...  :o  (#10).
Mr. PG = current MM
Ms. Free2Be = co-worker (she knows my story)
Miss Best = BFF of 36 yrs. (she also knows my story)
DEM = Darling Elderly Mother (she lives with me)
Ginger = fur baby no. 1
Lynus = fur baby no. 2

Offline Hidden

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 01:04:17 PM »
LOL, Wednesday was me and Calm's day!  ;D And he had a crooked wang, so... maybe broken in a previous tryst?  :o
Bear - H (more like boyfriend) - long-distance!
Ned - adult DS
Nell - Ned's appalling ex
L/Calm - xMM

Sue - Home City BFF from high school
Matron - New Home City Friend

Peggy - Uni City BFF
Honey - Uni City BFF (currently abroad)
Daisy - Uni City BFF
BB - New Uni City Friend

""The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything

Offline Hidden

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 11:43:14 AM »
This one was posted on a friend's SNS yesterday, and naturally, all of the women were up in arms about all of it being BS and obviously written by a man..never any excuse to cheat, blah, blah.
Honestly....I find it one of the most honest and accurate articles I've seen...and the majority of the points I can directly attribute to Green.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/relationships/a31959/infidelity-in-marriage/?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1443_164824840
Xmm - Green
JJ - Furbaby
DD - Princess
DD- Birdie
DD- Punky
DS - Bud

Offline Hidden

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 02:44:05 PM »
I read through the article quickly but this is what stood out to me the most and I'll explain why ...

Fact #4: Men hate themselves after affairs.
You may think of cheaters as men without morals, but while they may like what they did, they tend to despise themselves after their indiscretions. "If he puts his ego to the side, he'll feel like a piece of garbage," says relationship expert Charles J. Orlando, author of The Problem with Women … Is Men. "After all, he's betraying another human being who he claims to care about, so that takes its toll on every part of his psyche." A cheater can feel as though he's failed as a man.

I read that and have read other similar comments men have made about how 'awful' they feel about what they have done to the wife (which of course is legitimate) BUT how about feeling shitty about what they have done to the OW!!!  Grrrrr!  Really are we so not worth it - feeling shitty for how you have treated us?!!!  Really!   :getyou:

There, I've said it.  Feel better now.  Thanks for listening.   :biggrin:
Mr. PG = current MM
Ms. Free2Be = co-worker (she knows my story)
Miss Best = BFF of 36 yrs. (she also knows my story)
DEM = Darling Elderly Mother (she lives with me)
Ginger = fur baby no. 1
Lynus = fur baby no. 2

Offline Hidden

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 04:07:35 PM »
This was Green's biggest problem...he has no self control and simply could not be around me...but he did feel like a complete piece of shit about himself and what he was doing...he despised himself.
Not just about lying to his W, not just about hurting his family...but he did also feel like shit for what he was doing to me.
It didn't stop him though...because the centre of his world always comes back  to him and his needs and wants
Xmm - Green
JJ - Furbaby
DD - Princess
DD- Birdie
DD- Punky
DS - Bud

Offline Hidden

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 01:24:18 PM »
(From the 2nd/Good Housekeeping article):

Fact #7: A wife often knows her husband's cheating.
How could Tiger Woods's ex, Elin Nordegren, and Arnold Schwarzenegger's ex, Maria Shriver, not have known what their high-profile husbands were up to? They probably did, but couldn't bear to acknowledge it. "At one level, I knew, but my denial was so strong," says Lily* from Toronto, Canada. "The pain, had I accepted it at that time, would have been too horrendous, so I had to process it slowly."

This was definitely true in our case. I think everyone BUT Ivy knew, pretty much all along...even her best friend told her at one point that there was "something going on between Love and MWH" and she shrugged it off saying she had "more important things to worry about." (?)

It wasn't until months after he'd left her and had moved in with me (he'd told her he was "staying with a friend") that she finally took it upon herself to do a little investigating and confronted him. At that point we were more concerned about protecting her as much as possible and not making it any worse than it already was, so we agreed that the best thing was for him to immediately come clean with her. We knew if he didn't she'd keep digging until she found the truth anyway, and what would the point of that have been.

So, he told her that he was in love with someone else (she immediately guessed that it was me), he confirmed it, and she beat him to the punch and filed for D several days later.
Love = xMM + now my Husband!
Angel = our furbaby
Ivy = Love's xW